- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
LIRR Train Strikes Car East of Mattituck
An eastbound Long Island Rail Road train struck a vehicle on the tracks just east of Mattituck Wednesday morning, the railroad said.
It’s not yet clear if anyone was injured in the accident, which occurred just before 11 a.m., a LIRR spokesman said.
The railroad was still waiting on Metropolitan Transit Authority police to confirm if someone was inside the vehicle at the time of the incident, the spokesman said.
The train left Ronkonkoma at 10:42 a.m. and was due to arrive at Greenport at 12:07 p.m. The train is operating two hours late, the LIRR said.
There were no other service delays due to the accident, the railroad said.