- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Sag Harbor Man DWI With 3 Kids, Cops Say
A 33-year-old man has been arrested for drunken driving with three children in his vehicle in his hometown of Sag Harbor on Wednesday evening, Southampton Town Police said.
Officers stopped a vehicle driven by Miguel Saldivar for speeding northbound on Sag Harbor Turnpike when the suspect was found to be under the influence of alcohol with his 10-year-old son, 10-year-old niece and 13-year-old nephew riding in the passengers seats shortly after 8 p.m., police said.
Saldivar was charged with speeding, endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated with child passengers less than 16 years old, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
The children were released to their family members and Child Protective Services was notified.
Saldivar will be arraigned Thursday at Southampton Town Justice Court.