- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 13 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 15 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 15 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 30 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 34 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 35 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 47 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 47 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 50 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 52 days ago
Hauppauge LIE Crash Critically Injures Port Jefferson Station Woman
A 25-year-old Port Jefferson Station woman is in critical condition after a crash Friday on the Long Island Expressway injured her and two others, Suffolk County police said.
Suffolk police detectives are investigating the crash that critically injured Bahar Kaya, the driver of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze, when she was struck from behind by a 2002 Dodge Durango as she was traveling west with her sister at 9 a.m. near exit 57, police said.
Kaya was transported to Stony Brook University Hospital along with her 22-year-old sister, Nese Kaya, who suffered non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
The 19-year-old woman behind the wheel of the Durango was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
The crash sparked a second collision involving three other vehicles, police said, but nobody was injured.
The investigation is continuing, police said. The department is asking anyone who may have witnessed the crash to contact Fourt Squad Detectives at 631-854-8452.