- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
West Babylon Murder Arrest Made After 19 Years
Suffolk County police Homicide Squad detectives have arrested a New York City man in a nearly 20-year-old cold case murder invesetigation.
Troy Arrighi, 37, of Manhattan, was taken into custody at his East 30th Street home on Thursday and charged with second-degree murder.
“It was a straight up robbery,” said Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, who was unable to discuss more about the case because detectives are still searching for the suspect’s alleged accomplice. He coulnd’t say what led to the suspect’s apprehention after so long.
Police said the alleged gunman and another man shot and killed 30-year-old Mario Andujar during an attempted robbery of the Diamond Trucking Company on Cabot Street in West Babylon on March 22, 1994.
A second victim and fellow mechanic, then-22-year-old Juan Garcia, was also shot but survived. Garcia recovered at Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip.
Arrighi will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Central Islip.