- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Wyandanch Shooting Leaves 2 Men Wounded
Two 24-year-old men were shot and wounded in their hometown of Wyandanch on Thursday afternoon, Suffolk County police said.
The victims were standing with a group of people on Davidson Street near the corner of Troy Avenue when they were hit by the gunfire shortly before 1 p.m.
Both men drove themselves to local hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. One of the men was shot in the arm and went to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip. The other man was shot in the shoulder and went to St. Joseph Hospital in Bethpage.
First Squad detectives ask anyone with information on this shooting to call them at 631-854-8152 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.