- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 1 day ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 5 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 6 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 18 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
E. Patchogue Woman, Dog Rescued from Frozen Creek
A 63-year-old woman and her dog were rescued on Valentine’s Day from a small island in Abets Creek in East Patchogue after the woman went to rescue her dog who ran away, Suffolk County police said.
Merry Locurto had gone on the frozen creek behind her home around 3 p.m. after her dog, Blueberry, ran onto the ice, police said. At one point, Locurto fell through the ice but managed to find a small island in the creek where she got herself to shore.
Blueberry was rescued when a Good Samaritan in a kayak pulled the dog from the ice and brought the dog to the island. Suffolk County Marine Bureau officers were notified and pulled Locurto, Blueberry and the Good Samaritan onboard their vessel and returned to shore, police said.
Locurto received treatment at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, police said, and the Good Samaritan took the uninjured pup back home.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments