- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 5 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Ridge Man Dies in Car Crash
A 33-year-old Ridge man died Friday night after he crashed into a parked car, Suffolk County police said.
Jason Adams was driving a 2005 Ford Lindy’s taxicab on Colgate Street just before 8 p.m., police said, when his cab crashed into a car in a driveway, causing the parked car to slam into another vehicle parked inside a garage.
Responding officers removed Adams from the car and performed rescue efforts, police said. He was then taken to John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson where he was pronounced dead a short time later, police said.
Detectives believe Adams crashed after experiencing a “medical event,” police said.
Police said nobody else was involved in the crash. The investigation is continuing, police said.