- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Long Island Weather Cold, Windy This Week
A snowy and gusty weeekend on Long Island are giving way to a cold and breezy week ahead with a few chances of rain and maybe some more snow next weekend.
President’s Day is forecast as sunny with high near 32, a wind chill as low as negative 3 and gusts as high as 34 mph before dropping down to 26 after sundown.
Up to a half inch of percipitation is likely to move in with fog Tuesday afternoon when the breeziness continues and highs will hit 47, according to Upton-based National Weather Service metoerologists. The showers are expected to dissipate before the temps drop down to 30 at night.
Wednesday and Thursday will be sunny and breezy with highs in the mid-30s and dipping into the low 20s overnight before another chance of rain and snow Friday into Saturday.