- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Valley Stream Target Bomb Scare A False Alarm
Nassau County police responded to a bomb scare that turned out to be a false alarm at the Target in Valley Stream on Sunday morning.
A 911 caller reported finding a suspicious item in the parking lot of the store on West Sunrise Highway shortly after 9 a.m.
Officers cordoned off the area while Arson/Bomb Squad detectives and the Emergency Services Unit responded and determined the item was a bag containing miscellaneous clothing items.
No injuries were reported..