- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Patchogue Pedestrian Struck, Killed by Car
A 39-year-old pedestrian was fatally struck by a car in his hometown of East Patchogue on Sunday night.
Suffolk County police said Jose R. Fuentes was crossing East Main Street at the corner of Conklin Avenue when he was struck by an eastbound Nissan Maxima at 8 p.m.
The victim was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue where he was pronounced dead.
The driver, 25-year-old Jeremiah Day of Wyandanch, was not injured. His car was impounded for a safety check.
Fifth Squad detectives are investigating the circumstances of the crash and ask anyone with information about this case to contact them at 631-854-8552.