- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Man Nabbed for Forcing Ex to Drive Him Around
A Queens man has been accused of punching his ex-girlfriend, threatening her with a hammer while he forced her to drive him around in her BMW over the weekend.
Nassau County police said Quandell Cooper met the victim on Dutch Broadway in Elmont and forced her to drive him to Roosevelt Field Mall, to Queens and then back to the mall on Saturday afternoon.
Cooper punched the woman and threatened her with a hammer during the drive back and forth, police said. She escaped when they returned to the mall the second time and later called police from her Franklin Square home.
Police installed in the victim’s home a CAPER alarm, which the victim activated when Cooper began to pounding on her door at 12:45 a.m. Monday, police said.
Officers apprehended Cooper and found the victim’s vehicle shortly later. The victim suffered minor injuries to her neck and shoulder. Both she and the suspect are 24 years old.
Cooper was charged with robbery, assault and unlawful imprisonment. He will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Hempstead.