- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Brentwood Hit-and-run Leaves Man Dead
Suffolk County police are searching for a hit-and-run driver that killed a 38-year-old pedestrian in his hometown of Brentwood on Monday night.
Orlando Marquez man was walking on the east side of Calebs Path when he was struck by a vehicle that fled the scene just south of Bushwick Avenue at 8 p.m., police said.
A passerby found victim lying in the street and called 911. The victim was taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore where he was pronounced dead.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are investigating the crash. There is no description of the vehicle involved.
Police ask anyone who may have witnessed the incident or have information about the identity of the victim or the suspect vehicle to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.