- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brentwood Man Arrested for Fatal DWI Crash
A Brentwood man has been arrested for drunken driving after he crashed his car on the Northern State Parkway in Huntington, killing a 26-year-old passenger early Monday morning, New York State police said.
Yunior Josue Bonilla, 25, was speeding home in his Mercedes CLK 430 with three passengers after leaving a night club in Westbury when the crash occurred at 4:17 a.m.
The victim, Gabriel Herrera-Mina, also of Brentwood, was taken to Huntington Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The victim was not wearing his seat belt, police noted.
Witnesses told investigators that Bonilla had been seen drinking at the night club prior to driving the car, police said.
The eastbound lanes of the parkway were closed for over six hours while investigators were on the scene.
Bonilla will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Central Islip on charges of driving while intoxicated, driving without a license and traffic violations. Other charges are pending further investigation, police said.
Anyone who may have witnessed this accident is urged to contact the New York State Police at 631 756-3300 or 631 231-6389. All calls will be confidential.