- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 19 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Brentwood Man Arrested for Fatal DWI Crash
A Brentwood man has been arrested for drunken driving after he crashed his car on the Northern State Parkway in Huntington, killing a 26-year-old passenger early Monday morning, New York State police said.
Yunior Josue Bonilla, 25, was speeding home in his Mercedes CLK 430 with three passengers after leaving a night club in Westbury when the crash occurred at 4:17 a.m.
The victim, Gabriel Herrera-Mina, also of Brentwood, was taken to Huntington Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The victim was not wearing his seat belt, police noted.
Witnesses told investigators that Bonilla had been seen drinking at the night club prior to driving the car, police said.
The eastbound lanes of the parkway were closed for over six hours while investigators were on the scene.
Bonilla will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Central Islip on charges of driving while intoxicated, driving without a license and traffic violations. Other charges are pending further investigation, police said.
Anyone who may have witnessed this accident is urged to contact the New York State Police at 631 756-3300 or 631 231-6389. All calls will be confidential.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments