- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Manorville Man Killed in Car Crash
A 59-year-old driving instructor from Manorville was killed in a four-car crash in Port Jefferson Station following what authorities believe was a medical issue on Monday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Leonard Sloan, an instructor with Fitzgerald’s Driving School of North Babylon, was driving a Chevrolet Malibu westbound on Nesconset Highway when he lost control of the car and veered into oncoming traffic shortly before 1 p.m.
The Malibu struck three vehicles in the eastbound turning lane at the corner of Davis Avenue. Investigators believe that Sloan, who did not have any passengers in the car, may have suffered a medical event prior to the crash.
Sloan was taken to St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson where he was pronounced dead. None of the other drivers were injured.
Sixth Squad detective are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8652.