- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 14 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 16 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 16 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 31 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 35 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 36 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 48 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 48 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 51 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 53 days ago
Hempstead Murder Suspect Nabbed in Rhode Island
A suspect wanted for gunning down a 29-year-old Hempstead man last month has been apprehended in Rhode Island, Nassau County police said.
William Flowers was arrested Wednesday and charged with second-degree murder.
Homicide Squad detectives alleged that the 31-year-old Rosedale man shot and killed James Warren on Fulton Avenue in Hempstead on Jan. 30.
The victim was taken to Nassau University Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Flowers will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.