- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hempstead Murder Suspect Nabbed in Rhode Island
A suspect wanted for gunning down a 29-year-old Hempstead man last month has been apprehended in Rhode Island, Nassau County police said.
William Flowers was arrested Wednesday and charged with second-degree murder.
Homicide Squad detectives alleged that the 31-year-old Rosedale man shot and killed James Warren on Fulton Avenue in Hempstead on Jan. 30.
The victim was taken to Nassau University Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Flowers will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.