- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Seaford High School Student Dies on School Trip
Seaford High School is mourning the loss of a male student who died tragically during a school-sponsored band trip in Southern California, the Seaford School District said in a statement.
The 15-year-old student, whose name is being withheld to protect the privacy of the family, was transported by ambulance to a California hospital after complaining of a fever, the district said, adding, he felt too ill to fly home. The district did not say when the band went on the trip or how long they were away.
School officials said the hospital has confirmed that the teen’s illness was not contagious. The student’s family is in the process of obtaining the medical details that led to his death, officials said.
“The District is offering grief counseling services for students and families, and asks that your thoughts and prayers be with the family at this very difficult time,” the district said in a statement.