- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Seaford Pedestrian Struck, Killed by Truck
A 65-year-old man was fatally struck by a pickup truck near his Seaford home on Tuesday evening.
Nassau County police said Bryan Flack was crossing Merrick Road when he was hit by a Nissan Frontier that was making a left turn from Jackson Avenue at 5:39 p.m.
The victim was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead about four hours later.
The 65-year-old Massapequa driver was not injured but his truck was impounded for brake and safety checks.
Seventh Squad detectives found no criminality involved.