- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Melville Man Killed in Car Crash
An 82-year-old man died in a car crash about a mile from his Melville home on Thursday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Sidney Stein was driving a Lexus northbound on Bagatelle Road when he lost control of his vehicle, crossed into the southbound lane and struck a tree near the corner of Hemingway Drive at 3:35 p.m.
Stein was taken to North Shore LIJ Plainview Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Second Squad detectives impounded his vehicle for a safety check while the investigation is continuing.