- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Melville Man Killed in Car Crash
An 82-year-old man died in a car crash about a mile from his Melville home on Thursday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Sidney Stein was driving a Lexus northbound on Bagatelle Road when he lost control of his vehicle, crossed into the southbound lane and struck a tree near the corner of Hemingway Drive at 3:35 p.m.
Stein was taken to North Shore LIJ Plainview Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Second Squad detectives impounded his vehicle for a safety check while the investigation is continuing.