- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 1 day ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 5 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 6 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 18 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 18 days ago
Melville Man Killed in Car Crash
An 82-year-old man died in a car crash about a mile from his Melville home on Thursday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Sidney Stein was driving a Lexus northbound on Bagatelle Road when he lost control of his vehicle, crossed into the southbound lane and struck a tree near the corner of Hemingway Drive at 3:35 p.m.
Stein was taken to North Shore LIJ Plainview Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Second Squad detectives impounded his vehicle for a safety check while the investigation is continuing.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments