- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Roosevelt Burglars Caught in the Act, Cops Say
Nassau County police officers caught a pair of burglars in the act in their hometown of Roosevelt on Wednesday morning, authorities said.
The officers responded to a report of a burglary in progress a Hansom Place home where they found Todd Hartshorne-Raysor inside the house holding property shortly after 10 a.m., police said.
The 27-year-old suspect tried to run out of the front door but was arrested at the scene, police said. A second suspect, 39-year-old Marc Dangerfield, was apprehended shortly later.
Both men were charged with burglary and possession of burglar tools. They will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.