- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Dix Hills Puppy Thief Sought by Police
A woman stole an $1,800 purebred Pug puppy from a Dix Hills pet store last weekend and now Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help to catching the dog-napper.
The canine crook entered Yipity Yap on East Jericho Turnpike, picked up the black pup, put it in her bag and stole it from the store at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17, police said.
Second Squad detectives released an image of the woman who was caught on surveillance camera fleeing with the dog. They also released an image of a Pug puppy similar to the one that was stolen.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.