- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 22 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 48 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 50 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 50 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 50 days ago
Medford Woman Drove Drunk, Hit Police Car, Cops Say
A 45-year-old Medford woman was allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol when she fled police Friday night and slammed into two vehicles, including a police car, Suffolk County police said.
The woman, Pandoria Jackson, was initially pulled over at the intersection of Horseblock Road and Sills Road in Medford but refused to lower her window, police said. Jackson then fled as the officer tried to open her door, sparking a chase that lasted for a short time before it was called off. Officers were ordered to follow at a safe distance, police said.
Jackson drove to Woodside Avenue and County Road 101 in Bellport when her Ford SUV hit a stop sign and slammed into a police car, and just missed hitting two officers on foot, police said.
Jackson continued westbound and reached the intersection of Woodside Avenue and Harlem Avenue around 9:30 p.m. when she struck a Jeep Cherokee that was stopped at a red light, police said.
She was arrested and charged with felony driving while intoxicated, unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.
Jackson will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments