- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Medford Woman Drove Drunk, Hit Police Car, Cops Say
A 45-year-old Medford woman was allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol when she fled police Friday night and slammed into two vehicles, including a police car, Suffolk County police said.
The woman, Pandoria Jackson, was initially pulled over at the intersection of Horseblock Road and Sills Road in Medford but refused to lower her window, police said. Jackson then fled as the officer tried to open her door, sparking a chase that lasted for a short time before it was called off. Officers were ordered to follow at a safe distance, police said.
Jackson drove to Woodside Avenue and County Road 101 in Bellport when her Ford SUV hit a stop sign and slammed into a police car, and just missed hitting two officers on foot, police said.
Jackson continued westbound and reached the intersection of Woodside Avenue and Harlem Avenue around 9:30 p.m. when she struck a Jeep Cherokee that was stopped at a red light, police said.
She was arrested and charged with felony driving while intoxicated, unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.
Jackson will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.