- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Elmont Home Invasion Try Suspects Nabbed
Three men have been arrested for their alleged roles in an attempted armed home invasion in Elmont that the victim thwarted by holding the door closed on Friday morning, Nassau County police said.
Nazir Babury, 20, of Elmont, 36-year-old Jason Mifsud of Woodmere and 22-year-old Dujon Ellis of Laurelton were charged with burglary and criminal use of a firearm.
Police also charged Babury and Mifsud with stealing a rifle during the burglary of a Baldwin home on Wednesday.
Barbury was additionally charged with reckless endangerment for shooting the rifle at a 22-year-old man Friday in Woodsburgh after the suspect and the victim got into an argument in the Mazda they were in, police said.
Barbury missed and the victim was not injured as he ran away, police said.
All three will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.