- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Uniondale Shooting Leaves Man Wounded
A 24-year-old man was wounded in a Uniondale shooting early Satuday morning, Nassau County police said.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired on Nassau Road, where they found a Buick that had been damaged by a bullet as well as two bullets and one shell casing on the ground shortly before 4 a.m., police said.
The officers’ investigation led them to a nearby hospital where the victim was being treated for a gun shot wound to his left leg. The investigation is continuing.
First Squad detectives request anyone with information on this crime to call the Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.