- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Island Weather Warmer This Week
Long Island has a rainy and slightly warmer forecast for the week ahead before clearing up and cooling down by the weekend.
Monday is expected to hit a high of 44 under mostly sunny skies with the same weather on tap for Tuesday before a chance of up to an inch rain moves in afternoon and after sundown, according to the National Weather Service.
Wednesday is forecast to hit a high of 51 with the chance of up to an additional half inch of rain during the day through the night. The chance of showers persists Thursday as the temperatures hit 47.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be sunny with highs in the low 40s and dipping below freezing at night.