- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Commack Man Arrested for Hit-and-run DWI Crash With Bus
A Commack man was arrested for drunken driving after he fled the scene of a crash with a school bus that had 23 children aboard in Smithtown on Tuesday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Robert Slavonik was leaving the Dunkin’ Donuts on Route 25A in a Dodge pickup truck when he crashed his vehicle into a westbound bus and drove off at 9:45 a.m., police said.
A witness took down the pickup truck’s plate number and reported it to police, who responded to the 44-year-old suspect’s home, where they found him in the driver’s seat of the truck in the driveway, police said.
Slavonik was charged with leaving the scene of an incident without reporting and driving while intoxicated. He will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.
The were no injuries reported on the bus, which was from the Three Village School District.