- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 19 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Commack Man Arrested for Hit-and-run DWI Crash With Bus
A Commack man was arrested for drunken driving after he fled the scene of a crash with a school bus that had 23 children aboard in Smithtown on Tuesday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Robert Slavonik was leaving the Dunkin’ Donuts on Route 25A in a Dodge pickup truck when he crashed his vehicle into a westbound bus and drove off at 9:45 a.m., police said.
A witness took down the pickup truck’s plate number and reported it to police, who responded to the 44-year-old suspect’s home, where they found him in the driver’s seat of the truck in the driveway, police said.
Slavonik was charged with leaving the scene of an incident without reporting and driving while intoxicated. He will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.
The were no injuries reported on the bus, which was from the Three Village School District.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments