- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
North Bay Shore Man Admits Killing Ex, Tot
A man has admitted killing his ex-girlfriend and her 2-year-old son in the North Bay Shore apartment they shared a week before Christmas two years ago.
Jerry Lewis pleaded guilty Tuesday at Suffolk County court to one count of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree murder.
Prosecutors have said the 25-year-old man fatally stabbed Shakeela Planter, 21, a dietician at Huntington Hospital, at her South Cardinal Court home on Dec. 18, 2011.
He also beat her son Jaiden to death and stuffed him in the freezer, police said at the time.
Lewis, a Jamaican immigrant, had fled to Maryland after the murders but was later extradited back to Long Island.
Judge Richard Ambro will reportedly sentence Lewis to 30 years to life in prison on April 3.