- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Terryville Drug Store Robbers Sought by Police
Two masked, armed robbers assaulted a drug store clerk during a robbery in Terryville three weeks ago, Suffolk County police said Tuesday.
The duo walked into the CVS on Route 347, forced two employees to the ground and then demanded one of the victims at knifepoint to give cash from the drawer at 4:20 a.m. Tuesday, Feb.5, police said.
One of the robbers then assaulted one of the victims before they fled with cash toward Old Town Road, police said. Police released a surveillance camera image of the suspects in the hope that a member of the public can identify them.
The suspects were described as black men wearing white masks. The first was wearing a red and black jacket, black gloves, blue jeans and was armed with a handgun. The second suspect was wearing a black-hooded sweatshirt with white designs on the front, white shirt, red gloves and was armed with a knife.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential. Suffolk County Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.