- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
An Awesome Video About Something Wonderful and Hey, Who’s Cutting Onions!?!
I hope you know by now that what you are reading is part of a column we here like to call “The Buzz.”
I hope you know by now that if you come to the front of LongIslandPress.com every day (or, realistically, like, every day and a half, cuz sometimes I’m lazy), you’ll find an item that will (more often than not) thoroughly entertain you.
The other day, I introduced you to a Facebook page of a New York City street photographer. It probably made you feel a bit reflective.
Yesterday, I gave you Lightsaber porn. I know it made many of you smile.
Ahhh the power! The ability to control people’s emotion on such a wide-spread manner. The holy grail of many a Batman villain!
“If only we can get all of Gotham City to laugh uncontrollably for hours, we’ll be able to rob all the banks! Let’s add this chemical to the water suppl— What?! It’s Batman! How on earth did you find our secret-fortified-remote-out-of-the-way hidden lair?!?”
POW!! BAM!! KERPLUNK!! ETC!!
Knowing that with the choices I have made, the things that I have delivered unto you, and the words I have written, I have been able to make you roll-your-eyes or smile, reflect or laugh…
Today, I will make you cry.
Or at least tear up.
Unless you’ve seen this already. If you did, quiet, don’t ruin it. Come back tomorrow.
But the rest of you, watch out!
Unless you’re not the type to cry…
But those that are, oh boy!
Now leave me alone and go watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naRCfl8oCos
(Special thanks to Jon Sasala who was watching this when I walked in, saving me the trouble of having to go looking for something awesome for today’s “Buzz.” #score #toldyouIwaslazy)