- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hempstead Murder Suspect ID’d as Rapper
Nassau County police have identified a suspect wanted for fatally shooting a 30-year-old man outside of the victim’s Hempstead home last summer.
Police said Agdnan “Agg” McLeod, an up-and-coming Hip Hop artist known as “Duffle Bag Agg,” guned down Rameel Blanco on Lawson Street on the evening of Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2012.
Hempstead Village police officers were responding to a call for shots fired when they found the victim in the street suffering from a gunshot wound. Blanco was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival.
McLeod described himself in his ReverbNation profile as a “a 21 year old rapper that you would think is 35″ who’s “bringing real back” and worked with notable artists such as Jim Jones.
Police released a photo Wednesday of McLeod, who they described as a 6-foot-tall black man with a mustache, goatee, thin to medium build, brown eyes and dark brown hair.
He has been seen in New York City, Nassau County and in the Atlanta, Georgia area. The suspect is known to have ties to the rap industry. Police said he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Homicide Squad detectives ask anyone with information about the case to call them at 516-573-7788 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS (8477).