- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 22 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 49 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 50 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 50 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 50 days ago
LIRR Brief Service Suspension Sparks Delays
Long Island Rail Road commuters endured train cancellations and delays sparked by a third-rail power problem in the East River tunnels at the height of the Wednesday morning rush hour commute.
The LIRR briefly suspended service between its Jamaica hub and Penn Station at about 8 a.m., which was enough to spark nine train cancelations between the Long Beach, Babylon, Port Washington and Huntington branches.
Some of those trains were immediately replaced with alternate trains. A West Hempstead train was diverted to Hunterspoint Avenue when the issue initially arose.
The LIRR reports service was restored mostly back to normal later the same morning.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments