- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Riverhead Home Invasion Shooting Probed
Two masked gunmen shot up a house with five people inside in Riverhead where the duo had committed a home invasion on Tuesday night, authorities said.
Two adults and three children—including two boys ages 15 and 12 and a 5-year-old girl—were in the East Avenue home when the gunmen broke in at 11:29 p.m., Riverhead Town Police said.
The victims called 911 after the suspects fled and started shooting at the house. None of the residents were hit by the gunfire.
The case marks the 12th armed home invasion in Suffolk in a six-week span starting Jan. 15. Two other cases involved shootings, including a Flanders home invasion that left a man dead and a Central Islip home invasion that left a shooting victim wounded.
Investigators found shell casings outside the house. Detectives are continuing the investigation.