- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Valley Stream Man Charged With Fatal DWI Crash
A Valley Stream man has been charged with manslaughter following an alleged drunken-driving crash that left a 46-year-old man dead near his Franklin Square home Wednesday night, Nassau County police said.
Brian Daly, 24, was speeding in his Lincoln southbound on Franklin Avenue when he blew a read light and struck an eastbound Ford at the corner of Corona Avenue at 9:15 p.m., police said.
The Lincoln then hit a Subaru that stopped for the red light at the same corner. That was not injured, but the driver of the Ford, Christopher Decrescito, was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Daly was arrested and charged with second-degree manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter, reckless driving and driving while intoxicated.
He was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment of injuries to his right hip and right arm. He will be arraigned as soon as medically practical, police said.
Homicide Squad detectives impounded the vehicles for safety inspections while the investigation is continuing.