- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Huntington Woman Arrested in Crash That Killed Pedestrian
A Huntington woman was arrested for driving with a suspended license after she fatally struck a pedestrian in Cold Spring Harbor on Thursday evening, Suffolk County police said.
Rita Wallace was driving a Honda Accord eastbound on Main Street when her car hit 78-year-old Jean Carr of Syosset, who was crossing the street shortly after 6 p.m., police said.
The victim was taken to Huntington Hospital where she was pronounced dead. The 40-year-old driver was treated for minor injuries at the same hospital.
Wallace was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor. She released on bail.
Second Squad detectives ask anyone with information on the crash to contact them at 631-854-8252.