- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 22 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 48 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 50 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 50 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 50 days ago
West Babylon Fire Victim Identified
Suffolk County police Tuesday identified the woman killed in a West Babylon fire two days ago and also released details regarding the cause of the blaze.
Police identified the woman as 59-year-old Gail Giampino. She was found inside the Little East Neck Road apartment that caught fire Sunday just after 4:30 p.m., police said. Giampino was pronounced dead at the scene by the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office, police said.
Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, commander of Suffolk police’s Homicide Squad, said the fire was sparked by a tenant cooking chicken wings in hot oil that “flamed up.”
Fitzpatrick noted that the fire is still under investigation. Detectives are still waiting on Arson Squad investigators to submit their report, he said.
The fire also damaged four other apartments and injured two others, police said. Both victims were treated at local hospitals and released, police said.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments