- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 19 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Teen Charged With 3rd Temple Burglary
A Queens teenager accused of burglarizing two synagogues has been re-arrested for breaking into a third Jewish temple, Nassau County police said.
Daniel Weiss, 16, of Far Rockaway, will be arraigned Wednesday on his latest burglary charge at First District Court in Hempstead.
Police said Weiss broke into Yeshiva Gedolah of Five Towns on West Broadway in Woodmere, where he allegedly stole cash on Aug. 12, 2012.
Weiss was charged last month with the burglary of two other synagogues, Congregation Shaara Emuana on Oakland Avenue in Cedarhurst, also on Aug 12, and Aish Kodesh Synagogue on Woodmere Place in Woodmere on Feb. 16 of this year.
His bail had been set at $5,000 bond or $2,500 cash.
A second suspect, 16-year-old Avraham Moseson of Woodmere, was also charged with the burglary of Yeshiva Gedolah of Five Towns.
Moseson was released without bail and his case was referred to the Adolescent Diversion Program.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments