- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Teen Charged With 3rd Temple Burglary
A Queens teenager accused of burglarizing two synagogues has been re-arrested for breaking into a third Jewish temple, Nassau County police said.
Daniel Weiss, 16, of Far Rockaway, will be arraigned Wednesday on his latest burglary charge at First District Court in Hempstead.
Police said Weiss broke into Yeshiva Gedolah of Five Towns on West Broadway in Woodmere, where he allegedly stole cash on Aug. 12, 2012.
Weiss was charged last month with the burglary of two other synagogues, Congregation Shaara Emuana on Oakland Avenue in Cedarhurst, also on Aug 12, and Aish Kodesh Synagogue on Woodmere Place in Woodmere on Feb. 16 of this year.
His bail had been set at $5,000 bond or $2,500 cash.
A second suspect, 16-year-old Avraham Moseson of Woodmere, was also charged with the burglary of Yeshiva Gedolah of Five Towns.
Moseson was released without bail and his case was referred to the Adolescent Diversion Program.