- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Huntington Man Stole from Church Poor Box, Cops Say
A man has been arrested for stealing money from a donation box at a church near his Huntington home on Wednesday morning, Suffolk County police said.
An employee at the Church of St. Patrick on West Main Street called 911 to report that he witnessed the suspect take cash from a candle donation box at 10:36 a.m., police said.
Officers responded and apprehended George Kanganis shortly later.
The 47-year-old man was charged with petit larceny and possession of burglar tools.
He will arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Central Islip.