- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Selden House Hit by Truck, Driver Sought
Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in finding a driver who crashed his truck into Selden house and fled the scene last month.
Police said the driver crashed through a side fence and into the backyard of a house at the corner of Tilden Avenue and Fairlane Drive, then backed into the side of the house before driving off shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5.
The truck and the driver stayed in the backyard for several minutes before backing into the house, causing structural damage, police added.
The driver fled northbound on Fairline Avenue in the truck before making a right turn and escaping eastbound on Catalina Lane.
The truck was a black older-style, two-door Chevy S-10 Blazer or S-10 pickup truck with a cap. The driver was described as a white man, 20 to 25-years-old, with brown hair.
Sixth Squad detectives ask anyone with information about this crime to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential. Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000.