- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Shirley Pedestrian Struck, Killed by Car
A 53-year-old man was fatally struck by a car while walking across a street about three miles from his Shirley home on Thursday night.
Suffolk County police said Sophan Korur was crossing William Floyd Parkway when he was hit by a southbound Toyota Camry south of Montauk Highway at 7:17 p.m.
The victim was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue where he died shortly later.
The driver, 26-year-oldAngela Gonzalez of Patchogue, was not injured in the crash.
Seventh Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone who may have witnessed the crash to contact them at 631-852-8752.