- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Valley Stream Deli Robber Sought
A man wearing a stocking mask over his face robbed a Valley Stream deli late Friday afternoon, Nassau County police said.
Detectives said the man walked into Valley Deli on Elmont Road at 4:35 p.m. pretending he was armed and walked behind the counter where the 35-year-old store clerk was standing.
He grabbed an unknown amount of cash, police said, and helped himself to cigars and 15 cartons of Newport cigarettes before throwing them into a blue garbage bag that belonged to the store. The man left the store and was last seen heading east on Oliver Avenue, police said.
The store clerk wasn’t injured during the robbery. He described the robber as a black male, 5-feet, 6-inches tall, 30 years of age, wearing white gloves, a camouflage hoodie, an olive colored sweatshirt, gray sweatpants and the stocking mask, police said.
Detectives are asking anyone with information regarding the robbery to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS.