- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hewlett Armed Home Invasion Victims Tied Up
Nassau County police are investigating an armed home invasion in Hewlett in whuch an elderly couple was tied up on Saturday night.
A 73-year-old man was getting out of his vehicle that he had just parked in the garage of his Lakeview Drive home when two men wearing dark-colored masks, one of whom was armed with a handgun, forced the victim inside the house at 8:15 p.m.., police said.
The assailants forced the victim to walk from room to room after they demanded money and property. They found his 72-year-old wife in the master bedroom, where the same demands were made of her.
The masked duo tied both victims’ hands behind their backs before they fled with cash and jewelry. The couple, who was not injured, then called 911. There was no description of the suspects.
Fourth Squad detectives ask anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.