- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Brentwood Man Charged with DWI After Crash
A 37-year-old Brentwood man was allegedly drunk when he crashed his car in Dix Hills Sunday seriously injuring his passenger, Suffolk County police said.
Raphael Guerrero, who was charged with driving while intoxicated after the crash, was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe south on Deer Park Avenue when he lost control of the car at 4:50 a.m., police said. Guerrero hit a curb, went up on a grass embankment and hit a large stone and telephone poll before the car overturned, police said.
He was transported to Huntington Hospital for treatment with non-life-threatening injuries, police said. His 24-year-old passenger, Cesar Montano, was taken to the same hospital with serious injuries, police said.
The Tahoe was impounded for a safety check and the investigation is continuing, police said. Anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls are anonymous.