- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
West Hempstead Man DWI With Kid, Cops Say
A West Hempstead man has been accused of drunken driving with his 8-year-old daughter on Sunday night.
Hempstead village police officers pulled over a Ford pickup truck being driven recklessly westbound on Front Street and found the driver, James Chadderton, to be under the influence of alcohol shortly before 11 p.m., authorities said.
Officers found the 51-year-old man’s daughter in the backseat, police said.
Chadderton was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, criminal contempt and driving while intoxicated with a minor, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
Chadderton will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Hempstead.
His daughter was released to her mother.