- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 18 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Hempstead Men Charged in Shooting
Two men have been arrested for firing a handgun in their hometown of Hempstead early Tuesday morning, Nassau County police said.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired on Cornwell Avenue, where they found four 9 mm shell casings shortly after 4 a.m., authorities said. Witnesses gave police a description and location of the suspects. There were no reported injuries.
Antonio Bennett, 23, and Daniel Desbas, 25, were apprehended shortly later. Bennett was found to be in possession of a loaded 9mm handgun, police said.
Bennett and Desbas were each charged with criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment.
Desbas was also charged with criminal use of a firearm and Bennett was additionally charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Both men will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments