- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Island Weather Mostly Clear After Rainy Tuesday
A rainy and foggy Tuesday is forecast to give way to a mostly clear week ahead on Long Island after showers that may continue into Wednesday dissipate.
Downpours Tuesday could be heavy at times and could add up to an inch of precipitation in addition to the patchy fog that should last though after sundown, when tempratures drop from the 50s into the 30s, according to National Weather Service meteorologists.
The slight chance of showers Wednesday afternoon comes when it’s expected to be mostly sunny with highs in the upper 40s. The possibility of showers continues after dark when it drops below freezing.
Thursday is forecast as partly sunny in the low 40s with gusts up to 36 mph before dropping into the 20s at night, when it will be blustery.
A mostly clear weekend is on tap after that as Friday is expected to be mostly sunny in the 40s. A slight chance of rain Saturday precedes mostly sunny skies Sunday as temps remain in the 40s both days.