- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Ocean Parkway Westbound Closed at Jones Beach
The westbound lanes of Ocean Parkway have been closed between Wantagh and Meadowbrook state parkways for construction through the end of March.
The closure is required to rebuild the pedestrian tunnel between Jones Beach parking field four and the central mall, which is expected to be completed by the Memorial Day Holiday weekend, according to the New York State Department of Transportation.
Drivers will be detoured to Bay Parkway on the north side of the barrier island. The eastbound lanes of the same stretch of Ocean Parkway will also be closed after the first phase of the work is completed.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area to avoid delays. For more information, call 511 or visit www.511ny.org