- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 18 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Ocean Parkway Westbound Closed at Jones Beach
The westbound lanes of Ocean Parkway have been closed between Wantagh and Meadowbrook state parkways for construction through the end of March.
The closure is required to rebuild the pedestrian tunnel between Jones Beach parking field four and the central mall, which is expected to be completed by the Memorial Day Holiday weekend, according to the New York State Department of Transportation.
Drivers will be detoured to Bay Parkway on the north side of the barrier island. The eastbound lanes of the same stretch of Ocean Parkway will also be closed after the first phase of the work is completed.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area to avoid delays. For more information, call 511 or visit www.511ny.org
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments