- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 13 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 15 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 15 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 30 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 34 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 35 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 47 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 47 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 50 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 52 days ago
Baby Girl Born in Ambulance on Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway
A mother who went into labor after stopping on the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway early Thursday morning is in good health after emergency responders helped deliver the baby in an ambulance, Nassau County police said.
The Highway Unit and Emergency Ambulance Bureau were called after the pregnant woman and her husband stopped on the side of the road near Exit 1 just before 3 a.m., police said.
Responding officers and Advanced Medical Technicians placed the woman in the back of an ambulance where she gave birth to a baby girl at 3:07 a.m., police said.
The mother and baby girl were taken to a local hospital where they were reported to be in good health, police said.