- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 22 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 49 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 50 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 50 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 50 days ago
DNA from Cigarette Connects Uniondale Man to Robbery, Cops Say
Nassau County detectives used DNA from a discarded cigarette to connect a Uniondale man to a robbery of a Chinese food delivery woman last year, police said.
Detectives charged 41-year-old Derek Arms for the alleged robbery and also for three other robberies that occurred in July. In all, he was charged with two counts of first-degree robbery and two counts of second-degree robbery. All of the incidents involved a worker delivering food for a Chinese restaurant, police said.
Arms was placed under arrest Wednesday at Nassau County Correctional Facility where he is incarcerated for another charge, police said.
On Sept. 9, police said Arms was allegedly armed with a large hunting knife during the robbery of the delivery woman in Uniondale.
The three other incidents occurred on July 12 and July 27 in Uniondale and July 28 in Roosevelt, police said. In all three cases, Arms was allegedly armed with what appeared to be a gun, police said.
Arms will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments