- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 23 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 49 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 51 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 51 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 51 days ago
Rockville Centre Man Fired Shots Out of His Home, Cops Say
A man has been arrested for firing a rifle out of his Rockville Centre home because he thought people were following him, Nassau County police said.
Joseph Coulon returned to his South Kensington Avenue home, pulled out a .22-caliber rifle and fired a round through the front glass door while a 59-year-old woman and 14-year-old girl were inside shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
He then walked outside and allegedly fired several more rounds into the ground in the front yard.
Rockville Centre police officers took the 54-year-old suspect into custody and seized the rifle. No injuries were reported.
Coulon was arraigned Thursday on charges of reckless endangerment, possession of a dangerous weapon and endangering the welfare of a child.
Judge David McAndrews set bail for Coulon at $2,500 cash or $5,000 bond. He is due back in court on April 3.
Coulon had also been arrested in February on a charge of criminal possession of a controlled substance but failed to appear at his first two court dates, records show.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments