- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Rockville Centre Man Fired Shots Out of His Home, Cops Say
A man has been arrested for firing a rifle out of his Rockville Centre home because he thought people were following him, Nassau County police said.
Joseph Coulon returned to his South Kensington Avenue home, pulled out a .22-caliber rifle and fired a round through the front glass door while a 59-year-old woman and 14-year-old girl were inside shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
He then walked outside and allegedly fired several more rounds into the ground in the front yard.
Rockville Centre police officers took the 54-year-old suspect into custody and seized the rifle. No injuries were reported.
Coulon was arraigned Thursday on charges of reckless endangerment, possession of a dangerous weapon and endangering the welfare of a child.
Judge David McAndrews set bail for Coulon at $2,500 cash or $5,000 bond. He is due back in court on April 3.
Coulon had also been arrested in February on a charge of criminal possession of a controlled substance but failed to appear at his first two court dates, records show.