- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 2 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 7 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 19 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 19 days ago
Northport Man Dies 6 Days After Crash
A 47-year-old Northport man who had been hospitalized since crashing his vehicle last weekend died early Friday morning.
Suffolk County police said Douglas Caldwell was driving his Nissan eastbound on Veterans Memorial Highway in Hauppauge when the vehicle lost control, entered the center divider, struck a tree and overturned shortly after 4 a.m. Sunday.
Witnesses unsuccessfully tried to pull him from the vehicle before Commack Fire Department firefighters got him out. Caldwell was critically injured and taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center, where he died six days later.
Fourth Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on the crash to call themat 631-854-8452.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments