- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Northport Man Dies 6 Days After Crash
A 47-year-old Northport man who had been hospitalized since crashing his vehicle last weekend died early Friday morning.
Suffolk County police said Douglas Caldwell was driving his Nissan eastbound on Veterans Memorial Highway in Hauppauge when the vehicle lost control, entered the center divider, struck a tree and overturned shortly after 4 a.m. Sunday.
Witnesses unsuccessfully tried to pull him from the vehicle before Commack Fire Department firefighters got him out. Caldwell was critically injured and taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center, where he died six days later.
Fourth Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on the crash to call themat 631-854-8452.