- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Amityville High School Student Arrested for Bomb Threat
A 17-year-old Amityville High School student has been accused of threatening to blow up the school with a bomb.
School officials called Amityville village police after finding the written note in a stairwell shortly before 9 a.m. Monday, authorities said.
Suffolk County police First Squad detectives investigated and learned the identity of the girl, who is from North Amityville. Authorities did not release her identity.
She was arrested and charged with falsely reporting an incident, a felony. She will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Central Islip.